Jiva Interact Club initiates its services in collaboration with Rotary Club Aastha, with an objective to acknowledge and develop constructive leadership among students. “Service above Self” is the chief motto of Rotary Interact Club. Jiva Interact Club sets its own goals to render services to the community, assisted by the school & faculty and fulfills it with great zeal and enthusiasm.
INTERACT CLUB REPORT
The INTERACT CLUB of JIVA PUBLIC SCHOOL; FARIDABAD took many Projects including one International Project . Let’s have a glimpse of the same.
JULY – 2016
Installation Ceremony – 16 July
- Pinning up ceremony of the Interact members
- President, Vice President and Secretary were awarded by the chief guest
Road Safety, One Life – 23 July to 29 July
- It was one week project.
- Traffic Team of our school took position outside the school and requested parents, teachers and students to wear Helmet and Seat Belts
- Medical consequences of not wearing helmet were explained
- Badges were given to appreciate people who wore helmet and seat belt.
- In evening, groups of Teachers and students repeated the activity in their neighborhood to make people aware.
- In school assembly road safety skits were showcased on stage.
- On the last day of the week, a Street Play was organized at Crown Plaza, Faridabad where Rotarians also joined us.
Throw It Right in community – 10 July
- It was a community Service programme.
- Jiva teachers and nearby students did this activity to make people aware about cleanliness.
- They told them to keep their areas clean and also motivate others to do so.
September – 2016
Helmet Day Rally – 21 September
- Our school was selected to celebrate this day by DC Faridabad for our continuous efforts towards road safety in the community.
- Cycle rally was specially organized as little attention is paid on safety of cyclists on roads.
- The school teachers, students, management and Traffic Police Officials made this rally a grand success
- An Essay Writing Competition was organized one day prior to the rally.
- All the Participants were given certificates
Symposium by Interacts at Eicher School
Our Interact President Ridhima chaudhary and Project coordinator Sakshi Khatter addressed the august gathering and shared their experiences about daily road safety program and Throw it right campaign during student interaction.
October – 2016
Diwali Gift Distribution to Underprivileged – 13 October to 22 October
- An Initiative taken by the students from nursery to XII and teachers to donate candles and gifts to the children who belong to the underprivileged sections of the society
- The purpose of the project was to spread happiness with gifts and ‘Celebrate Pollution Free Diwali’ in collaboration with an NGO, KHUSHI EK EHSAS
- It was a proud moment to see happiness on the faces of children.
World Polio Day Celebration – 18 October to 24 October
- Essay writing competition was held on “Polio Free India” on 18th October, 2016.
- Scanned copies of two best essays were mailed to the Rotarians
- Video shared by Rotary Club was shown to the students.
Interactive Sessions were arranged for the students about Polio in India and the importance of vaccination
November – 2016
Cleanliness Activities in Town Park Faridabad – 6 November 2016
- Jiva Teachers, students and their parents conducted many activities in town park to motivate people to keep their surroundings clean.
December – 2016
Woolen Clothes Distribution – 30 December 2016
- Old woolen clothes distributed among grade 4 employees in the school.
- The clothes were also distributed outside school in slum areas.